Learning to play the violin
Aprendiendo a tocar el violín
Kindergarten Nordelta & Olivos, March 2017 - NORTHLANDS Highlights 2017
Risk takers and balanced / Audaces y equilibrados
The physical, mental and social benefits of playing a musical instrument are well known but the violin offers surprising additions:
- Playing the violin improves reading skills, speech and a variety of brain functions.
- It offers an opportunity to release feelings and it is an excellent stress reliever.
- It develops self- esteem and self-awareness.
- When playing the violin, children gain self-discipline from repeated practice.
- It improves memory and attention span.
- And last but not least, it is a fulfilling and enjoyable skill.
Los beneficios sociales, físicos y mentales de tocar un instrumento son conocidos por todos pero además el violín ofrece sorpresas adicionales: